Commercial Project Manager
The Commercial Project Manager is fully responsible for the oversight and management of the project cycle for Commercial PV project within a given regional site. Responsibilities include: interfacing with the customer to schedule work and coordinate services; defining the schedule and budget to meet contract requirements; oversight of the design process through plan-check and permitting when necessary; defining elements of work and soliciting bids for subcontracted work as required; providing direction and coordination of all field activities related to the physical construction of the PV array by SolarCity installation teams and any coordinated subcontracts; managing the project schedule throughout the project lifecycle; and securing any unique materials and/or equipment required to complete the project. He or she reports to, carries out the direction of the Regional Operations Manager relative to their assigned project(s) in the region.
• Manage the project cycle for commercial PV Projects.
• Participate in design, process, and permit submittal.
• Oversee all field teams and installation progress.
• Define elements of work and develop scope of work for subcontracts.
• Manage bid process for subcontracted work.
• Develop and manage project budgets.
• Develop and manage project schedule using MS Project.
• Arrange, schedule and conduct key project meetings.
• Education: BS/BA in engineering, architecture, or construction related discipline.
• 5-7 years of construction related experience; 3-5 of that in PV Solar industry experience.
• Knowledge of commercial construction including practices and sequence of work.
• In-depth knowledge of commercial PV installations, and wiring configurations.
• Knowledge of construction contracts, subcontracts, and the bid process.
• Basic knowledge of commercial electrical systems.
• Ability to manage budgets and schedules.
• Experience managing matrixed project teams
• Certifications: NABCEP; Certified Project Manager (CPM) certification preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners, businesses, schools, non-profits and government organizations at a lower cost than they pay for energy generated by burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas. Our approach is to install systems to the highest engineering standards while making the switch simple for our customers. We've revolutionized the way energy is delivered by giving customers a cleaner, more affordable alternative to their monthly utility bill. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity serves customers in 14 states including Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, Washington D.C. Washington, D.C.
For more information visit www.solarcity.com.
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work place.