Builder Sales Manager - East Coast
The Builder Sales Manager is an integral part of the New Home Builder Partnership Program at SolarCity. This position is responsible for prospecting new home build partners, managing a regional pipeline, and bringing new partners to contract. This position will liaise between SolarCity and Home Builders in the Northeastern market (New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts). A successful Builder Sales Manager will have intimate knowledge homebuilding operations and contacts within the industry. Builder Sales Managers will need to learn about the state and national rebates for solar PV in addition to operational requirements for installing solar within their assigned region. This successful candidate will excel in communicating and negotiating directly with all levels of executive management including Presidents and owners of companies, in addition to C-level executives, Regional Presidents, and Regional Directors.
• Prospect new Home Builders within your assigned region
• Bring new Home Builder partners to contract
• Set marketing strategy and forecast for the region
• Analyze markets for home builder partners viability
• Act as liaison between SolarCity and Home Building partners
• Coordinate market launches and advise our Home Building Partners on solar economics
• Develop, monitor, and report against KPI’s; Serve as on-going technical expert for our partners
• Expected travel – 50%
• 5-7 years of experience advising home builders; preferably on solar or energy efficient products
• Proven track record of closing deals
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement long term strategic plans
• Proficiency with complex analytics to advise on terms, pricing, and market positioning
• Poses superb communication skills in formal presentations and proposals
• Ability to effectively use SalesForce or other CRM desired
• Excellent presentation skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
New York, NY
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners, businesses, schools, non-profits and government organizations at a lower cost than they pay for energy generated by burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas. Our approach is to install systems to the highest engineering standards while making the switch simple for our customers. We've revolutionized the way energy is delivered by giving customers a cleaner, more affordable alternative to their monthly utility bill. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity serves customers in 14 states including Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, Washington D.C. Washington, D.C.
For more information visit www.solarcity.com.
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work place.