Regional Vice President of Operations
SolarCity®, a leading provider of solar power financing, design, installation and service for residential and commercial markets, is seeking a Regional Vice President of Operations to manage operations in the state of Hawaii. Our SolarLease™ has made solar power (PV) affordable for thousands of customers throughout California, Oregon and Arizona—and SolarCity is now expanding to additional states including Hawaii. The position requires managing a network of sub-contractors as well as employees that include field engineers and project managers. This is an ideal job for a Hawaiian Contractor looking to join a successful, rapidly-growing clean energy company. SolarCity will provide full marketing and sales support, operations and back office support and installation materials—freeing the Regional Vice President to focus solely on managing a steady supply of solar installations in the region.
• Manage commercial and residential solar installations in the state.
• Oversee network of local Authorized SolarCity Installers sub-contracted to install solar systems.
• Ensure all solar systems are installed according to SolarCity quality standards.
• Ensure the company maintains a positive customer relationship, resolving concerns and complaints while providing excellent customer service.
• Administrate contractor payments and coordinate material deliveries.
• Serve as a liaison between customers and California-based support departments and evaluate customer needs, product and services recommendations.
• A good balance of entrepreneurship and ability to follow established processes.
• Must have a BS or BA degree.
• Must have at least 5 years of management experience with 4 years in the construction industry.
• Extensive experience supervising, motivating, and managing subcontractors.
• Strong leadership skills – ability to organize, utilize and motivate team members to meet goals.
• World class communication skills.
• Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Must be able to work with business partners through the design, engineering and final installation of residential and commercial solar electric systems.
• Must be willing to travel within the state to train and develop the team and oversee operations.
• Must be a strong leader, creative, possessing strategic planning skills.
• Confident personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of NEC Code, Universal Building Code and building materials.
• Experience working with city/county permitting offices and inspectors.
• Must have CURRENT AND ACTIVE Hawaiian A, B, C-13, C-60, or C-61 CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE and willingness to transfer the contractor’s license to SolarCity (as RME) for the duration of employment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners, businesses, schools, non-profits and government organizations at a lower cost than they pay for energy generated by burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas. Our approach is to install systems to the highest engineering standards while making the switch simple for our customers. We've revolutionized the way energy is delivered by giving customers a cleaner, more affordable alternative to their monthly utility bill. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity serves customers in 14 states including Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, Washington D.C. Washington, D.C.
For more information visit www.solarcity.com.
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work place.