Director of Investor Relations
Accounting & Finance
SolarCity is seeking a Director of Investor Relations. This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer and Director of Communications, and will be expected to manage the company’s investor relations and financial communications activities and act as a primary company liason to investors, financial analysts and other members of the investment community. The Director of Investor Relations will also work closely with the Director of Communications to assure that communications to investors are aligned with communications to employees, customers, partners and all other internal and external audiences.
• Strategic investor relations planning, IR infrastructure, post-IPO preparation of quarterly earnings press release and management of communications with the investment community
• Work with CFO, CEO and Director of Communications to create and measure key financial communications objectives
• Manage the development of investor-focused materials, including earnings announcements, quarterly and annual reports, conference presentations, backgrounders, internal FAQs and fact sheets.
• Collaborates with finance team to analyze financial results and compile important statistics and other relevant information for use during the quarterly earnings announcement and conference call, and throughout the quarter during regular discussions with investors
• Works with Web development team and outside vendors as needed to create investor relations site on www.solarcity.com as a primary source of financial information, and maintain regulatory compliance
• Manage SolarCity participation in investor-focused events and conferences, including outreach to organizers, materials creation, briefing schedules and related support, and plans and manages corporate visits
• Acts as a primary company spokesperson to the investor community; continually interacts to educate key investors, institutional and research analysts and other members of the investment community regarding the Company’s financial results, business strategies and other relevant developments
• Minimum of 6 years financial communications experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years public company reporting experience
• Must have ability to analyze and interpret key data, including competitive and economic dynamics affecting the business.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Experience as a media spokesperson preferred
• Must be a highly motivated and creative individual who thinks strategically and will continuously challenge investor and corporate perception of the factors that impact share valuation.
• Must have a solid understanding of corporate financials, public company accounting and regulatory issues, as well as the equity markets.
• Must have the ability to analyze the competitive and economic dynamics affecting the business.
• Must be proactive in anticipating needs of senior management and responsive to investor requests.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated proficiency with commonly used office software, including, but not limited to MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Must work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
San Mateo, CA
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners, businesses, schools, non-profits and government organizations at a lower cost than they pay for energy generated by burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas. Our approach is to install systems to the highest engineering standards while making the switch simple for our customers. We've revolutionized the way energy is delivered by giving customers a cleaner, more affordable alternative to their monthly utility bill. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity serves customers in 14 states including Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, Washington D.C. Washington, D.C.
For more information visit www.solarcity.com.
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work place.