Regional PV Designer
The Regional PV Designer will report to the Engineering Team Lead and is responsible for designing code-compliant solar photovoltaic systems for SolarCity’s residential clients. The position relies heavily on structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering concepts and calculations, with a focus on efficiency and automation. The ability to be detail-oriented as well as see the bigger picture is a must, and the ideal candidate will be able to manage a large volume of projects while demonstrating excellent communication.
• Use AutoCAD 2D software and custom software tools to design residential photovoltaic ground mount and roof top systems.
• Work with project managers to submit plans and drawings to building departments.
• Track permitting process through approval.
• Work cross functionally with sales, project management and installation teams to ensure clients’ needs and internal deadlines are met.
• Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed.
• At least one (1) year of intense AutoCAD experience is absolutely necessary.
• Minimum one (1) year of relevant work experience
• Knowledge of mechanical design and beam theory.
• Knowledge of electrical design theory and concepts.
• BS in mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering, or other related discipline from a top-tier college or university.
• Great attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently.
• Must have a clean driving record. (example, no DUI in the last 5 years)
• Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment background and drug screen
Desirable but not necessary:
• Knowledge of residential and commercial construction.
• PV Industry certifications.
Foster City, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Phoenix-North (Deer Valley), AZ
Prescott Valley, AZ
San Diego, CA
Santa Ana (Orange County), CA
Sherman Oaks, CA
Van Nuys, CA