Site Auditor - Energy Efficiency
The Energy Efficiency Site Auditor will provide professional residential energy efficiency audit and building analysis services that include:
• Conducting blower door, duct blaster, combustion safety and CAZ tests.
• Develop scopes of work that include weatherization and HVAC measures to save energy and improve comfort, health and safety.
• Enter data into software programs, and creating reports, and writing contracts
• Working with customers to prioritize improvements and close sales.
• Develop a positive relationship with customers to establish rapport and to gather house data and measurements.
• Conduct Home Performance with Energy Star style test in audits, including blower door, duct blaster, infrared camera, combustion safety and CAZ tests.
• Conduct visual site audit taking measurements, gathering data, and taking digital photos.
• Enter test results and site data into software programs to generate reports and proposed contracts.
• A minimum of three (3) years experience in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; estimating or site auditing experience is preferred.
• High School or Trade School degree in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; college degree in relevant field is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills required in order to prepare documents and conduct meetings with customers.
• BPI certifications in Building Analyst, Envelope Professional.
• BPI certifications in Heating Professional preferred.
• Lead based paint training preferred.
• Familiar with OSHA safety requirements. OSHA 10 hr preferred.
• Proficiency with computers and various applications including MS Office and SolarCity proprietary software.
• Knowledge of site surveying, construction sequencing, construction methods and materials practices; knowledge of residential electrical systems is preferred.
• Ability to safely use basic hand and power tools.
• Previous weatherization or insulation experience preferred.
• Knowledge of HVAC and building performance is preferred.
• Good knowledge of basic 120v residential electrical is preferred.
• Some knowledge of basic HVAC installation and code is preferred.
• Graduates of weatherization training programs preferred.
• Effectively work with others and to be part of a team.
• All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment background and drug screen
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, comfortably lift 50+ pounds repetitively, and must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
• Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, below freezing, crawl spaces, etc.
Los Angeles, CA
Phoenix-North (Deer Valley), AZ
San Diego, CA
Santa Ana (Orange County), CA