Director of Structured Finance
The Director of Structured Finance will be a key player in our efforts to raise tax-equity and debt for its solar developments.
• Identifying potential tax equity investors from commercial bank, insurance companies, utilities, corporations, and other segments.
• Building relationships with promising tax equity and debt investors
• Working with investors to structure tax-equity transactions
• Leading the fund closing process with internal transaction counsel
• Managing relationships with our ongoing tax-equity partners and identifying follow-on investment opportunities
The right candidate will be a proven performer in closing tax-equity or other types of capital. Candidates may come from the renewable energy industry or investment bank or other financial services firm with a desire to transfer their experience and investor relationships to the renewable energy sector.
Specific qualifications include:
• 10+ years experience in asset development, asset financing or investment banking
• Successful track-record raising asset-based finance, ideally in an investment bank, leasing company, or energy project developer
• Proven ability to manage the initiation, structuring, and closing of multiple investment funds simultaneously
• A network of existing relationships from the tax-equity community
• Significant experience with tax-driven financings (solar PV or wind energy is a plus)
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with executive-level decisionmakers
• Strong team player
• Ability to travel regularly (>30%)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
San Mateo, CA
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners, businesses, schools, non-profits and government organizations at a lower cost than they pay for energy generated by burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas. Our approach is to install systems to the highest engineering standards while making the switch simple for our customers. We've revolutionized the way energy is delivered by giving customers a cleaner, more affordable alternative to their monthly utility bill. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity serves customers in 14 states including Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, Washington D.C. Washington, D.C.
For more information visit www.solarcity.com.
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work place.