PV Crew Lead
The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun, and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
The Crew Lead will report into the regional Operations Manager and will function as the lead PV technician for SolarCity. They will meet with clients to coordinate the completion of the array and all related equipment necessary to provide a complete and working photovoltaic system.
The Crew Lead will provide leadership and technical expertise photovoltaic installation teams. In this position, the Crew Lead will communicate the necessary job status data to the SolarCity operations management team to assure the successful operation of complete and working systems. The ideal candidate will also lead efforts for safe working practices for the SolarCity installation team. Additional duties required as needed.
• Must have a minimum of two years of PV installation experience, including at least 6 months of leading a crew of two
• Proficiency in installing all types of grid-tied inverters & able to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems
• Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to PV installations
• Must be very organized and be able to meet aggressive timelines
• Must deliver a high level of customer service
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold)
• Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs and work on rooftops
• Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
• High school diploma or GED required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen
• Must have a clean driving record (example- no DUI in the last 5 years)
• Must have a valid state driver’s license
• Thrive in a team environment
El Paso, TX
San Jose, CA
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners, businesses, schools, non-profits and government organizations at a lower cost than they pay for energy generated by burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas. Our approach is to install systems to the highest engineering standards while making the switch simple for our customers. We've revolutionized the way energy is delivered by giving customers a cleaner, more affordable alternative to their monthly utility bill. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity serves customers in 14 states including Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, Washington D.C. Washington, D.C.
For more information visit www.solarcity.com.
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work place.