Software Engineer (Web Applications)
SolarCity is seeking a web applications rock star! In this role, you will transform terabytes of real-time data into practical and action-able information for our customers as well as our technicians. That data comes from our tens of thousands of customers with solar electric systems, consumption meters, grid connected batteries, and electric vehicles. We have a lot data and even more on the way - you will be crunching, transforming, graphing, caching, and archiving a growing stream of information. For this role, it’s not enough to just get applications up and running. The bar for code quality is set very high, and we will work as a team to develop the best applications inside and out. For the inside, this means you will be implementing unit tests, performing load simulations, analyzing code coverage, and doing lots of refactoring. For the outside, this means you will be going through lots of iterations in your UI layout designs. We want your best work, and we’ll work together to accomplish this.
This position is unique in that your application work will be seen by both SolarCity’s internal operations teams and external customers (think Intel, eBay, Walmart, the US Military, etc.). You will develop applications that will help save the planet. Your work will affect every single one of our great customers that have chosen clean, low cost energy.
• Design and develop web applications on the .NET platform
• Implement dashboards, on-demand charts, and reports
• Work with embedded systems engineers to implement server support for new hardware
• Write and evaluate specifications in collaboration with product managers
• Write unit and load tests and run code coverage to ensure code quality
• Write database queries, views and stored procedures
• Extensive development experience with ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server
• Passion for usability and writing fast/responsive applications
• Strong drive to refactor and improve your coding techniques
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field or career experience
• Knowledge of relational databases, preferably T-SQL
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply to this position, send your resume and answer the following questions:
- Why are you are interested in this position at SolarCity?
- What are the top 3 qualities/skills you have that you believe will make you a good candidate for this position and work environment?
Applications that do not follow the above listed instructions will not be considered.
San Mateo, CA
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners, businesses, schools, non-profits and government organizations at a lower cost than they pay for energy generated by burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas. Our approach is to install systems to the highest engineering standards while making the switch simple for our customers. We've revolutionized the way energy is delivered by giving customers a cleaner, more affordable alternative to their monthly utility bill. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity serves customers in 14 states including Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, Washington D.C. Washington, D.C.
For more information visit www.solarcity.com.
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work place.