Site Auditor - Energy Efficiency
The Energy Efficiency Site Auditor will provide professional residential energy efficiency audit and building analysis services that include:
• Conducting blower door, duct blaster, combustion safety and CAZ tests.
• Develop scopes of work that include weatherization and HVAC measures to save energy and improve comfort, health and safety.
• Enter data into software programs, and creating reports, and writing contracts
• Working with customers to prioritize improvements and close sales.
• Develop a positive relationship with customers to establish rapport and to gather house data and measurements.
• Conduct Home Performance with Energy Star style test in audits, including blower door, duct blaster, infrared camera, combustion safety and CAZ tests.
• Conduct visual site audit taking measurements, gathering data, and taking digital photos.
• Enter test results and site data into software programs to generate reports and proposed contracts.
• A minimum of three (3) years experience in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; estimating or site auditing experience is preferred.
• High School or Trade School degree in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; college degree in relevant field is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills required in order to prepare documents and conduct meetings with customers.
• BPI certifications in Building Analyst, Envelope Professional.
• BPI certifications in Heating Professional preferred.
• Lead based paint training preferred.
• Familiar with OSHA safety requirements. OSHA 10 hr preferred.
• Proficiency with computers and various applications including MS Office and SolarCity proprietary software.
• Knowledge of site surveying, construction sequencing, construction methods and materials practices; knowledge of residential electrical systems is preferred.
• Ability to safely use basic hand and power tools.
• Previous weatherization or insulation experience preferred.
• Knowledge of HVAC and building performance is preferred.
• Good knowledge of basic 120v residential electrical is preferred.
• Some knowledge of basic HVAC installation and code is preferred.
• Graduates of weatherization training programs preferred.
• Effectively work with others and to be part of a team.
• All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment background and drug screen
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, comfortably lift 50+ pounds repetitively, and must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
• Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, below freezing, crawl spaces, etc.
Foster City, CA
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners, businesses, schools, non-profits and government organizations at a lower cost than they pay for energy generated by burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas. Our approach is to install systems to the highest engineering standards while making the switch simple for our customers. We've revolutionized the way energy is delivered by giving customers a cleaner, more affordable alternative to their monthly utility bill. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity serves customers in 14 states including Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, Washington D.C. Washington, D.C.
For more information visit www.solarcity.com.
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work place.