Energy Efficiency Sales Consultant- Inside Sales
The Energy Efficiency Consultant is responsible for closing sales of residential Home Energy Evaluations and Energy Efficiency Upgrades. The ideal candidate will be a subject-matter expert in residential building science, including building envelope performance, HVAC systems, water heating and combustion safety. The candidate must have a high degree of maturity, be a team player, and have the ability to handle a high volume of leads. This position requires working long and odd hours, including weekends.
• Sell SolarCity Energy Efficiency services to new and existing residential customers
• Exceed set targets and work in a fast paced environment.
• Deal effectively with all inquiries and represent SolarCity in a professional manner.
• Ability to communicate with customers over a wide variety of media including phone, email and webinars.
• Have at least 1 year sales experience with a proven track record.
• Previous call center experience is preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Office (Salesforce.com is a plus).
• Previous knowledge of energy efficiency. BPI certification is preferred.
• Previous experience conducting Energy Audits (home performance testing) is preferred.
• Proven track record working in a target-driven environment.
• Possess excellent communication and telephone skills.
• Previous experience carrying a sales target.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
To Apply to this position, please:
- Address your cover letter to the Energy Efficiency Sales Manager.
- Answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- Why are you are interested in the Energy Efficiency- Inside Sales position at SolarCity?
- What are the top 3 qualities/skills you have that you believe will make you a good candidate for this position and work environment?
San Mateo, CA
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners, businesses, schools, non-profits and government organizations at a lower cost than they pay for energy generated by burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas. Our approach is to install systems to the highest engineering standards while making the switch simple for our customers. We've revolutionized the way energy is delivered by giving customers a cleaner, more affordable alternative to their monthly utility bill. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity serves customers in 14 states including Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, Washington D.C. Washington, D.C.
For more information visit www.solarcity.com.
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work place.