Energy Efficiency Crew Lead
SolarCity is seeking a Lead Energy Efficiency and Solar Thermal Installer. Responsibilities will include interfacing with customers or customer representatives; supporting supervising Project Managers in the scheduling of work and coordinating of services during the Project period. Necessary skills include advanced plumbing experience, installation of high efficiency domestic hot water systems (condensing water heaters, tankless water heaters, heat pump water heaters, etc) and solar hot water systems (active, closed loop systems).Experience installing and troubleshooting HVAC systems is a plus.
• Collaborate with field teams in the installation process and coordinate installation with Crew Lead
• Supervise 1-2 Crew Members
• Install, charge and commission solar hot water systems
• Install and commission domestic hot water systems (condensing water heaters, heat pump water heaters, tankless water heaters)
• Install and commission monitoring systems on solar thermal installs
• Install HVAC units (condensing furnaces, heat pumps, package units) and balance of systems components (pleated filter, condensate pumps, communicating thermostats, etc)
• 1-3 years of plumbing experience, in a journeyman role.
• General construction knowledge.
• Extensive experience with solar hot water installation.
• Some knowledge of HVAC and building performance.
• Capable of training next level skill set to installer level crew member.
• Familiar with OSHA safety requirements.
• Familiar with construction change orders.
• Good computer literacy.
• Good knowledge of basic 120v and 240v residential electrical.
• Effectively work with others and to be part of a team.
• Familiar with construction practices and workflow.
• Able to life 50+ lbs
• All candidates to be hired must successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
Phoenix-North (Deer Valley), AZ
San Diego, CA
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners, businesses, schools, non-profits and government organizations at a lower cost than they pay for energy generated by burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas. Our approach is to install systems to the highest engineering standards while making the switch simple for our customers. We've revolutionized the way energy is delivered by giving customers a cleaner, more affordable alternative to their monthly utility bill. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity serves customers in 14 states including Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, Washington D.C. Washington, D.C.
For more information visit www.solarcity.com.
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work place.