Solar PV Installer
SolarCity is seeking applicants to install commercial and residential grid-tied PV systems. In this position, the Installer will provide support to the crew lead of the installation team, communicate job status data to the operations management, and ensure the completion of installation of all solar arrays/systems. It is the responsibility of every Installer to ensure safe work practices for the SolarCity installation team.
• Pull inventory for each installation job.
• Pre-assemble Photovoltaic (PV) System components in the warehouse.
• Layout and assemble solar module/array and mounting hardware.
• Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment on rooftops.
• Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC) at buildings and/or residences.
• On-site design installation, working off of plan designs
• Document completion of finished installation.
• Clean up of job site.
• Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety.
• Team player!!
• Proficiency with Email and other computer programs preferred.
• Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
• 1-3 years experience in PV installations, roof work, general construction, or carpentry.
• Basic understanding/experience with electrical wiring of AC and DC systems strongly preferred.
• Experience with the safe use of hand-held and power tools.
• Experience working with all types of building materials - various roof types - stucco, wood, concrete, etc. strongly preferred.
• OSHA 10-Hour Construction Certificate strongly recommended.
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, comfortably lift 50 pounds repetitively, and must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
• Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, below freezing, rooftops , crawl spaces, etc.
• Must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Must be able to pass drug screen and criminal background.
• Must have a clean driving record. (example, no DUI in the last 5 years)
• Paid vacation.
• Medical, dental, and vision.
• Stock options
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners, businesses, schools, non-profits and government organizations at a lower cost than they pay for energy generated by burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas. Our approach is to install systems to the highest engineering standards while making the switch simple for our customers. We've revolutionized the way energy is delivered by giving customers a cleaner, more affordable alternative to their monthly utility bill. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity serves customers in 14 states including Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, Washington D.C. Washington, D.C.
For more information visit www.solarcity.com.
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work place.