The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun, and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
The Site Auditor will provide professional site auditing services to obtain and communicate the necessary technical data to the SolarCity design team for the preparation of permit ready documents needed to facilitate the installation of solar photovoltaic systems. This person will also function as a project manager, field technician, and permit technician when assigned to do so.
• Meet with customers to obtain information necessary to complete technical design documents for a photovoltaic system.
• Develop a positive relationship with customers to establish rapport and to gather facilities assessment data.
• Conduct a physical site audit using auditing tools including a tablet PC, measuring devices, Solmetric equipment, a digital camera, and other related equipment.
• Maintain a job photo log to include but not limited to pre-demolition/construction, progress photos and completed project photos.
• Prepare site audit documents as needed to coordinate with the SolarCity engineering department to produce permit-ready documents.
• Provide and maintain a current driver's license and a clean driving record to safely operate a company vehicle.
• Develop relationships with design professionals and subcontractors to support the business activities.
• Additional duties required as needed
• A minimum of three (3) years experience in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; estimating or site auditing experience is preferred; photovoltaic installation experience is preferred.
• High School or Trade School degree in a discipline related to construction or building sciences, engineering or architecture is preferred.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold)
• Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs and work on rooftops
• Experience with Energy Efficiency is strongly preferred.
• Ability to understand, read, and comprehends contract documents, plans and specifications; ability to stay organized and maintains project records.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills required in order to prepare site audit documents and conduct site audit meetings with customers.
• The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to develop basic formulas typically used and commuted in the construction industry; ability to use formulas to develop spreadsheets as needed and used by SolarCity.
• Strong proficiency with computers and various applications including MS Office, SolarCity proprietary software, and AutoCAD.
• The ability to read plans, specifications, diagrams, equipment submittals, and material data sheets.
• Knowledge of site surveying, construction sequencing, construction methods and materials practices; knowledge of residential electrical systems.
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen
• Must have a clean driving record (example- no DUI in the last 5 years)
• Must have a valid state driver’s license
• Thrive in a team environment
San Jose, CA
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners, businesses, schools, non-profits and government organizations at a lower cost than they pay for energy generated by burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas. Our approach is to install systems to the highest engineering standards while making the switch simple for our customers. We've revolutionized the way energy is delivered by giving customers a cleaner, more affordable alternative to their monthly utility bill. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity serves customers in 14 states including Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, Washington D.C. Washington, D.C.
For more information visit www.solarcity.com.
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work place.