Commercial Construction Manager
The Commercial Construction Manager will report to the Regional Operations Manager and is fully responsible for the oversight and management of the project cycle for a Commercial PV project within a given Region. This includes: Project planning including defining schedule and budgets which meet contract requirements; support of the design process through plan-check and permitting; aiding the Project Manager (PM) in defining elements of work and soliciting bids for subcontracted work where necessary; providing direction and supervision of all field activities related to the physical construction; supporting PM in managing the project budget, cash flow and schedule through the project cycle; oversight of the data management for all project data flows including submittals, RFI’s etc.; oversight for all quality and safety requirements on the project; materials and equipment planning and requisition; and planning/management for all general conditions requirements to successfully install the project on-time and within budget, while maintaining required levels for quality and safety. The Construction Manager is also responsible for ensuring appropriate levels of workers are on site to ensure adequate progress of work, coordination of trades and overall project completion to meet contractual commitments. The CM reports to the PM in the commercial project team structure, as well as the Regional Director for the Region. This position may require frequent travel throughout the region where the position will be based.
• Manage the project cycle for commercial PV projects.
• Support the design process and permit submittal.
• Oversee all field teams and installation progress.
• Assist the Project Manager in defining elements of work and development of subcontracts.
• Support the bid process for subcontracted work.
• Assist Project Manager in the development and management project budgets.
• Assist Project Manager to develop and manage the project schedule using MS Project.
• Manage daily logs and timesheets for project.
• Organize and manage all project data and archive.
• Coordinate the work of subcontractors on site.
• Acquire subcontract labor, materials or equipment to ensure timely completion of the project.
• Conduct site audits for new projects.
• BS in architecture, engineering or construction preferred, or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of five years of experience in construction of commercial projects, three years of that in PV systems preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of construction products, practices, subcontracting and project work flow/sequencing.
• NABCEP and/or Certified Project Manager (CPM) certification preferred.
• Experience in similar capacity on a project team for commercial projects directing crews or tradesmen in general construction, assembly and/or electrical work.
• Detailed knowledge of construction budgets and schedules.
• Knowledge of major PV components (PV modules, inverters and racking systems, etc.) preferred.
• Ability to lead craftsmen and construction crews.
• Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
• Clean DMV driving record (example, no DUI in the last 5 years).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners, businesses, schools, non-profits and government organizations at a lower cost than they pay for energy generated by burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas. Our approach is to install systems to the highest engineering standards while making the switch simple for our customers. We've revolutionized the way energy is delivered by giving customers a cleaner, more affordable alternative to their monthly utility bill. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity serves customers in 14 states including Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, Washington D.C. Washington, D.C.
For more information visit www.solarcity.com.
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work place.