The Energy Efficient Home |
Energy Evaluation |
Sample Report |
Home Improvements |
Take the First Step
Comprehensive home energy audits are the first step in making your home energy efficient. We diagnose the causes of high utility bills or discomfort by analyzing how your home uses—and loses—energy.
Through a complete and in-depth home energy audit, we prioritize opportunities for energy improvements based on effectiveness, potential savings and availability of energy efficiency rebates and other incentives.
A Report Card for Your Home
SolarCity's energy professionals use specialized instruments to conduct home energy audits, thoroughly testing and measuring household appliances, heating and cooling systems and building construction. We enter this data into our proprietary software tool to holistically assess energy consumption.
Our home energy audit includes a variety of techniques and analysis, including
- Blower door test to measure air leakage in the building envelope
- Duct blaster test to measure air leakage in the forced-air distribution system
- Assessment of insulation, windows, doors and other components of the building shell
- Evaluation of mechanical equipment, including appliances, water heating, pumps and a furnace combustion test
- For solar energy customers, the home energy audit and evaluation allows SolarCity to better customize your design providing a higher quality solar power system based on your home's specific energy needs